Nordyne E2EB-015HA won't get cold

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Sfrye

Noticed that our AC unit wasn't cooling like it was supposed to. Fan blows cool air but not cold. Called our AC people and they told us that we need to replace the outside unit and inside unit for a whopping $5,900.00!! He said the compressor was "over amping" and we have a "leak in system". He said freon for this unit is expensive and hard to come by. We sure dont have $6,000.00 to shell out so any suggestions??

Thank you,
Susan
Tyler, Tx
DaleM

Freon (R-22) is still available although it has doubled in price since last cooling season. If you need freon there is a leak someplace, probably not worth tracking down though as it can run into some $$$. You can try another company, many are high pressure sales operations and will do all they can to sell you a new system. Hell $6G, I can put a new furnace and ac in for that, I hope that by inside unit he meant the furnace and not just the coil!!

Ask some friends, they have to know someone that's out of work and still dabbles in HVAC repair. Basically you're looking for a bump and run just to get you through this cooling season. Be informed though that you will/do need a new system in the near future. On a side note the newer Puron systems operate on about half the power "older" units pull. You're in Texas and the new system will pay for itself rather quickly. I don't know how old your current system is and am only going from my own observations.