Miller m1mc 090a furance problems

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

HelloJLNaros

I apologize for the trouble and for this being my first post instead of something contributing or an introduction :(

However I am having problems with my furnace and have lost heat and hot water 3 days ago.

Model Number: Miller m1mc 090a BW

The problem is that the ignitor heats up and calls to turn the gas on. Sometimes the gas valve closes immediately (we think the control board is telling it to turn off). A flame appears and is sensed by the control board for literally 1 second. Then it shuts off. The led light flashes red 4 times. Thinking that it could be a problem with the control board we ordered one and replaced it today. However the same symptoms are occurring. The led light still flashes red 4 times. Also the blower does turn on but turns off while the yellow light blinks indicating a weak flame.

We also checked to see if anything was clogged or stuck and see nothing that could cause problems.

Any suggestions or should we call rotorooter for a heat system inspection?
DaleM

You say the water heater went out as well. You need to check your incoming gas pressure. Are you on natural gas or LP? If LP, call the provider to have them check the output at the regulator, if natural, call your gas company to have them check output at the meter. Both need to be tested with a gauge, gas just flowing is not a proper way of checking for the right pressure.
HelloJLNaros

We have Natural gas and we called the provider's emergency number. They were rude and told us that this is not an emergency and that customer support is closed and to call back Tuesday since they are closed Monday due to holiday.
DaleM

FINE....then go outside and whack the regulator with a 2x4. Not looking to hit a homerun here just a fair thump. It's the round looking thing next to the meter. Not sure where you live but there is a breather hole on the underside of it. At times snow will bury the meter and regulator and for whatever reason, pressure drops. Be sure the breather is clear, if it's clear whack the regulator. They hang up once in a while. Of course if you live in a moderate environment your gas company may not see having no heat as an emergency.