Nordyne E2EB-015HA - elements cycling when blower is off

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

faulfamily

Nordyne E2EB-015HA.
Thanks for the site, a ton of info here - almost hard to sift through it all.
It seems a common problem on here, but often without definite results posted, so I’m starting a new one. When the t-stat is set low enough that the furnace should NOT come on, the elements cycle on/off every 15-20 seconds (with no blower). I can get the blower to come on by setting the thermostat to “ON” or by simply setting the heat setting higher, then it kicks on just fine. Only when nothing at all should be on does it have problems. There is no A/C or heat pump – just the basic setup here.
I’ve pulled the blower off to make sure nothing has interfered with the elements, and no breakage, etc…
Am I looking at replacing the sequencers? And if so, is it the 01-0842, even though the numbers don’t match what’s there already?
Thanks a lot,
Josh
faulfamily

Just a quick update - I pulled the wires from the sequencers to run the tests for resistance, and while jiggling it around trying to pull the wires off (they were pretty tight on the clips), there was a loud "CLICK" sound - like the sound a relay makes. Anyhow, the tests seemed correct (for what was posted on some other posts here), I put it all back together & it's worked perfectly since. So it seems like whatever the internal switching for the sequencer was stuck - and my question is: Does that seem correct, and why would that happen, and do I need a new sequencer to prevent it from happening again?
Thanks,
Josh