Nordyne furnace won't ignite?

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

ScottRider

Hello, I'm a bit slow when it comes to stuff like this so please bear with me.

I recently came home to a cold house and had no idea why. I checked my thermostat and everything seemed fine so I turned the temp. down and back up again.

Once I did that the furnace immediately started humming like always so I thought it was fine, but after about a minute or so instead of kicking the blower on, the furnace just shut down. I tried it again and same thing.

I'm clueless so I have no idea how the furnace works, but I know when it is working it starts and hums for about 45 seconds then there is a click and the blower comes on. Now it comes on and hums as always, but after the 45 seconds there is 2 or 3 clicks, the blower never comes on and the furnace just shuts down.

The only tip I can give is that I did run out of propane at the end of last winter, but since it was getting warm I never ran the furnace again after the tank was refilled. It is full now, but this problem has presented itself.

The furnace is a Nordyne CMF 80 PG Conv.

It's getting real cold and we're without heat and I don't have the money at all to call someone to look at it, so if anyone could help it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you.
Mark
Site Admin

Sounds like the burner motor that brings air to the burner. Part number 904478, as you can see here: http://www.aberdeenhomerepair.com/store ... rner-motor

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!