Intertherm model E1EH-015HA heater issue

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

hkenyon

Hello, first time post and thank you for this forum. I have the site bookmarked.
I have an Intertherm model E1EH-015HA unit and the issue I have is the heater (and at times the AC) will not kick on after I have changed the switch setting on the control board (from heat to AC or back) I have a 2 wire thermostat and it registers 24V when the thermostat activates. I also hear a click which sounds like it's coming from the control board box.
I often will slide the switch back & forth and the heater (or AC) will come on. Other times I give up after checking the breakers/voltages/etc and the unit will start working by itself. I have had 2 repairmen come out and both said they could not determine why it started working again. It's working fine now, I just hate to have to mess with it every time I change from AC to heat or back.
Any recommendations? I am not a professional but have a working knowledge of furnaces and AC units and a typical DIY.

Thanks,
Hal
Mark
Site Admin

Possibly sounds like issues with the control board. Maybe a relay or something sticking on it.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!