Wiring scematic for 2 stage AC

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

lilcoues

I just installed a Miller MILLER 90+% Mobile Home Furnace M3RL060ABW A/C Ready, with a Amana 16 SEER 2 stage AC outside and a Honeywell Focus Pro TH6000 series thermostat. The thermostat has been programmed for a 1 stage heat and 2 stage cool and has a Y2 terminal, as does the AC unit. However, the furnace control panel only has a Y terminal. It does not have a Y2 terminal for the second stage of the AC. Does the Y2 wire from the thermostat go directly to the Y2 terminal on the AC unit and comletely bypass the furnace control panel? If not, can you provide me with a wiring schematic or the correct way to wire these units? Thanks
Bill

Hi and welcome
The first thing we need to know is what model thermostat you have. I see that you bought a th6000 but on the box or on (or inside) the thermostat it will say if its a th6110, th6220, or a th6320. This way i can look at the wiring diagram to figure out how to wire up correctly.
Thanks
Bill
Please remember to check and change your filters.
lilcoues

Hi Bill,
The thermostat is a th6220.
Under the set up function #1, we programmed in system type #8, which is 1 heat, 2 cool conventional.
Setup function #10, second stage compressor cycle rate, was left at default number #3.
I really appreciate your assistance.

Thanks,
lilcoues
Bill

Hi lilcoues
From what I see that if you just wire the thermostat Y2 to the A/C second stage of cooling that should work just fine. I am not familiar with the furnace you have, but most of the time if you have a two stage furnace it would of had a Y2 and W2 for the second stages. Since you stated that there is no Y2 I am guess that it is only a single stage furnace. So just wire up the t-stat to the a/c and you should be ok.
Hope this helps
Bill
Please remember to check and change your filters.