HELP - Intertherm Propane Conversion

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

rlhall

I have purchased a 1984 Redman Mobile Home for my hunting cabin.

It has an Intertherm Model # MGH055AB 55,000 BTU Furnace with a Unitrol Control Valve.

Issue: Cannot find the conversion orifices to switch this over to propane operation. The furnace man I am working with has searched all his resources and cannot find one. He also informed me there is not an approved retro fit control valve available for this furnace.

I am faced with either finding an orifice conversion kit for this control valve or having to replace the furnace.

Can anyone please help in directing me to any resources that may have the right orifices or a complete control valve.

Thanks Bob
Bill

Hi,
I have checked into the conversion kit that you asked about, What i found is that they don't make a l.p. conversion kit for a furnace that old, But you can find a orifice for it. Not that will do you any good with out the right spring. As a matter of fact the gas burner for that furnace is not available anymore. So I think the best bet is to just get a new furnace. I say this cause it might be cheaper than trying to keep the older furnace running and cheaper in fuel cost.
Hope this helps out some.
Bill
Please remember to check and change your filters.
jpingram5

Well for starters you can use a generic gas valve. Your furnace man should know this. And I found this, says it is a replacement for that model.

http://americanhvacparts.com/Merchant2/ ... gv-coleman
2009 Skyline Sunwood Premier 14 x 80