replcoil 02 (C3qa-036u-b)

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

pinballjohn

I had this replacement coil installed a week ago and it worked fine till 2 days ago.The bottom third is cold the other 2 are not.Had pressure checked at 70(I guess psi).Tempurature at vents is only 70 degrees.My brother-in-law brought his guages down and said everything looked good.Any ideas why it stopped working? Sorry about post did not know any way else to post and any help would be appreiciated
Bill

Hi,
I am going to try and help here. First i would call the company and that put the coil in and have them back out to check it at there cost. Any tech that is able to put a coil in should be able to figure out what is wrong with it . Ok now the part about the coil being cold in some spots but not other. that is what a coil is to do, it is taking the heat out of the air and put cold in the air buy the time it get to the top of the coil it might have enough cooling to cool the air. As far as the pressure good that does not mean anything. the only way to tell what is going on with pressures it to have all the info (outside temp, inside temp, liquid line pressure and the suction side temp and pressure). The thing that comes to mind is the refrigerant, it sounds like it might be low. I would have your tech check that out.
Thanks
Bill
Please remember to check and change your filters.
pinballjohn

Thanks for the reply.My wife and I decided to install a complete new unit made by Amana.Seems to be ok will know more tomorrow as it got up to 102 today here.Again thanks for the reply and I apologize for the delay in responding as I am an over the road trucker and don't have alot of internet access on the road