Home Wont Stay Cool

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

BurningUpInTX

Living in Texas, the summer is almost unbearably hot. The thermostat stays set at 75, and if it gets above 90 degrees outside, the A/C cant seem to keep up anymore. Now that it gets 100+ outside, the temperature inside gets as high as 90. The A/C runs nearly 24 hours a day but cant keep up. The air from the vents inside still seems to be blowing near as cold as it used to, but you can barely feel it blowing. We have replaced the filter, cleaned all of the coils, which barely helped at all, if any. Are you supposed to be able to feel any air through the A-Coils? Here are the model numbers of the parts.

Furnace: Nordyne E1EB-015HA
Blower: Nordyne 4-Speed Part # 902805
A-Coil: C30A-036U-B

EDIT: This evening I heard a screeching sound outside and found that it was the outside unit making the noise. The unit was running but the fan quit spinning. Turned it off for a little while, tried it again and it was spinning. After an hour or so it did the same thing again. I was hoping I could let it run, maybe at least keep it bearable inside tonight, but I think I will be keeping everything turned off to avoid burning anything up and cost more money that I dont have.
Bill

Hi,
Lets start with the A-coil question, Yes you should feel air coming through the coil. That is how the air is cooled and distributed through out the home. The fan not spinning all the time is most likely the problem with why its not cooling as well inside. If the fan is not able to remove the heat off the coils of the out door unit it will not cool inside the house. This is what could be the reason that it is not getting cool in the house but you feel cold air. Here is a link for a new outdoor fan motor
http://www.hvacpartstore.com/2937.html
I hope this helps you.
Bill
Please remember to check and change your filters.