Defective relay?

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Mobile68

Hello.

Nordyne M1B 090A AW.

Problem: Intermittent no start with a buzzing/clicking sound. Tapping lightly just about anywhere on the board, causes the system to start. Seems like a defective relay.

Questions: Short of replacing the board, is there any way I can determine if the issue is actually on the board, or a connection going to the board?

Bill

Hi,
I guess the first thing i would do is make sure that all the wires are in good shape. Make sure the wire connections are making good contact to the end they are plugged into. The other thing you can do is send the board in and have it tested. Here is a link of where to send it .
http://www.hvacpartstore.com/index.html
Mark will check it over and test it, If its not bad he will send it back. Also he will be able to give more help in finding the problem.
Thanks
Bill
Please remember to check and change your filters.
Bill

Hi,
I guess the first thing i would do is make sure that all the wires are in good shape. Make sure the wire connections are making good contact to the end they are plugged into. The other thing you can do is send the board in and have it tested. Here is a link of where to send it .
http://www.hvacpartstore.com/index.html
Mark will check it over and test it, If its not bad he will send it back. Also he will be able to give more help in finding the problem.
Thanks
Bill
Please remember to check and change your filters.
Mobile68

Thanks Bill.

The furnace is only two years, and the connectors are tight.

I'm going to replace the relay that I believe is causing the issue. I'm also going to order another board from Mark and use my current one as a back-up.