Nordyne MMHB070ABHR-06

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

BlackHillsDave

Hi Guys,
My furnace quit running last night. There is a light that blinks 3 times on the control board.
Did some looking around on the forum and a 3 blinking light means bad ignitor, flame sensor or gas valve for some models, but not sure about my mine.
When I turn the heat up at the thermostat, the gas exhaust fan comes on and runs for awhile the shuts off. Not sure if there is suppose to be any clicking from the ignitor, but don't hear any.
Have gas as water heater is working.

Any help or advise? Still kinda cool out here in Rapid City. :(

Thanks
Dave
Bill

Hi, Dave
Here is the code for your furnace.
3 Flashes - the control is in lockout because a failed ignition attempt, a gas valve error or a false flame sensed during the warm up period. If false flame has been sensed, the control will return to normal operation, and repeat ignition sequence when the false flame is not present.
So it looks like you are going to have to figure out witch of the problems is happing. You should be able to hear your gas open when it is calling for gas. But it sounds to me that your igniter is not working.
Shut main power off to the furnace. If you have a Volt meter set it to measure 120 Volts AC. Disconnect the modular plug at the end of the ignitor. Plug the meter leads into the modular end that goes back to the blower section. Turn the power back on and set the thermostat high enough to call for heat. The inducer motor will come on and after a few seconds you should get a reading of about 120 volts. If you don't and you are sure you don't have a 24 volt system then you most likely have a bad ignitor.
Hope this helps you
Bill
Please remember to check and change your filters.
BlackHillsDave

Hi Bill,
I found this topic back in 2007 and it was exactly what my furnace was doing. https://www.mobilehomerepair.com/phpbb/v ... php?t=2059

I ordered the ignitor from this site and it came today. Just got it installed and it fired right up.

Really appreciate this site and if any of my friends have problems, I will send them your way.

Thanks Again,
Dave