Intertherm/Nordyne E1EH 015HA Control Issues

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

flamesbane

This system has worked well enough for a few years, and I was cutting on the system as it was starting to get warm out. It ran fine, but then I am guessing it got cool one night and I got some ice on it. I cut it off and thawed it out. It ran fine for a few weeks after that, then all at once stopped working. I wasn't able to do anything with the thermostat, but was able to switch the blower on manually. I figured the thermostat must've went bad, or that the thermostat wire had gotten nicked or shorted. So I wired the current thermostat directly to the control board (to see if it was the wire) and got nothing. I got a new thermostat and wired it up and still nothing.

Now I am assuming that even if something was wrong with the AC I would still be able to cut the fan on and off with the thermostat, and that is not the case. Again, I can hit the switch on the box itself and cut the blower on. I am thinking my issue is the control board, is there anyway I can check that? Any help would be great!
flamesbane

I'm guessing that wasn't meant to go in this thread?
flamesbane

Okay, I replaced the control board to no avail. I checked the 24v transformer, it is reading 31v. I manually tripped the contactor on the heat pump, it kicked on. I have tried bypassing the thermostat (green/red white/red yellow/red) no go there either.

What's left? I still have zero control via the thermostat but can manually turn the blower and HP on.