FEH-020HA-04 Blower Runs Constantly

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

DIYguy

There seems to be a lot of threads about situations similar to mine, but there is rarely a follow-up of the definitive solution, so I'm going to try to accomplish just that.

Anyway - here's the model info of my unit:

Intertherm FEH-020HA-04

Now this is probably totally unrelated, but I this past winter I personally converted this unit over from the original fuse disconnect assembly (which was toast) to a factory Nordyne 2-breaker assembly. Well roughly 2 months later (in February sometime), I woke up one morning to find the house warmer than usual, and when I went to adjust my Hunter 44260 thermostat, the battery light flashed at me and I figured it was just time to change them and the thermostat wasn't working properly as a result.

Well it wasn't until that evening (after I got new batteries) that I realized that the blower was running constantly, and despite completely removing the front panel of the thermostat when I changed the batteries (which should have broken the connection between any of the wires in the back half of the unit... or more importantly, kept the green fan wire from being energized by any of the others in there), the blower continued to run. In fact, the only way I could get it to turn off is through one of the two breakers; either the main, or the new one I recently installed in place of the disconnect assembly.

I also removed the front covers of the furnace and lightly tapped on everything to make sure it wasn't just a stuck contact or something, but to no avail. I have yet to attempt to trace back the wires from the blower to see where the wire is being energized from (as was suggested by Mark in another thread), but figured I'd give the experts an educated guess or two before I get out the multitester and started playing around with live 240V wires.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide! :wink:
Mark
Site Admin

Hi,

The blower running constantly probably has nothing to do with the thermostat. Most likely the problem is a stuck sequencer. Part number 901076 which you can see here: http://www.aberdeenhomerepair.com/store ... er-4-stage

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!