No ignition on Furnace

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

buzzzstpoint

Nordyne M1M series
Model Number: M1MB 0774 BW
Serial Number: M1d020805860

Questionable part: Control Board 624602B / 903429

Working on my sister in-law's mobile home, She has no heat and already busted pipes because of freezing. She's space heating now for heat.
Anyways.

I call for heat, I can hear the fans kick on.
Shortly after I hear a click from the control board then a click from the gas valve. The process will repeat 3-4 times and error out with an ignition error (error 4)

I ran out of time last night but, I double checked the wiring and ran a continuity test on the limit switches and pressure switch. Those seem to be fine. In the service manual it says to probe the ignition harness during ignition sequence for 120 volts. I got 0 voltage. (Replace board).

Will there be voltage there to matter what I ignition sequence? I jumped the igniter with 120 volts and it lights up so i know the igniter is good.

Another Reason I think it might be the board, While doing a wire check I seen a section of the igniter wires bare. When I pulled the metal plate off where the wires poke through, you can see an arc mark on the metal. So I'm thinking the Control board may have snapped out. I just dont want to spend 120 bucks on a hunch when it can be something else.
Robert

Hi,

Go here if you need troubleshooting help :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/Order4b.html

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
buzzzstpoint

I went ahead and tested the limit switches and pressure switch for voltages and they all checked out.
I then pulled the board and seen a blow out on the board circuit trails.
A local heating and cooling company that we use for work had a board in stock.
Swapped it out and fired it right up.
Flame looks good and heats great.

I did have one other follow up question. Are these units suppose to have an air filter?