intertherm feh-012ha element cycles on and off with stat off

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

JeremyRobinson

i just bought mobile home and when i opened furnace i had notice fuses blown! i replaced fuses, and put new sequncer and transformer in unit! the furnace comes on and off as should with thermostat! but once it heats to thermostat temp the blower turns off but every few min the bottom element comes on for few sec and goes back out and does this as long as breaker is in unit! im sure this is not supose to happen! i took the blower off and unhooked thermostat and the lower element comes on for about 3 sec and turns back off, bout 2 to 3 min does it again, so on and so forth! please help!!
Robert

Hi Jeremy,

Remove the blower assembly from furnace and look inside down at the elements. See if the element that keeps coming on has fallen or broken and touching frame or other coils.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?