This may sound like a dumb question....

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

TheQuietRebel

First of all, thanks for the replies to my other question about sequencers on my Intertherm model # E2EH 015HA....I really do appreciate it! That got me thinking....strick87 also mentioned that the issue may be a Limiter? Is that harder or easier to change than a sequencer and would it be a better idea to just go ahead and replace both? And since I'm having to limp along waiting for payday before I can get the parts, should I be worried about a fire hazard or my house burning down? I've fixed toilets, hung ceiling fans and such but never dealt with a heater unit so this is all new to me. Again, any and all help is appreciated!!!!!

Thanks!
Robert

Hi,

What you described could be the sequencers or the limit switches. Only way to know would be to test them when it is happening.

Anytime your furnace is not functioning properly, there is a risk of an electrical mishap causing a fire IF you continue to operate the furnace.

I would only replace what is faulty unless it is affordable and feasible to take some prevetative measures and replace all.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?