Nordyne RC92+ Gas furnace

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

larryb

I am having an issue with this furnace. Intermittently it will not light. I get the first 2 stages, inducer, then ignitor. When it goes to open the gas valve, the valve just clicks, and the system resets itself. I am getting three blinks on the panel. I ohmd the vac valve and it is function when vaccuum is applied. If i put a jumper with 24 volts to the hot side of the gas valve after the ignitor comes on, the furnace lights and will continue to stay lit and of course the blower comes on and then I get steady blinking on the board. I ran it this way for about an hour. Reconnected the gas valve and then turned it back on. After a little while the furnace began running normal and did so for about 2 weeks. Now it is back to doing the 2 stage thing again. Could this be a bad board or can you suggest any other tests to do that im not thinking of?
Robert

What is the furnace model number ? The gas valve not working may be to a safety issue, jumping it could prove dangerous and is not advised.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
larryb

The model is KG6RC-100C-16B. I checked it again at lunch time and still the same process happening. I jumped the valave to see if it would function with voltage and it does.
Robert

Hi,

It may work, but the reason it was not getting voltage could be due to a safety issue interrupting the power to it for safety.

IF that was/is the case, doing what you did bypassed that and could create a dangerous
situation.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
larryb

It almost acts as if the relay on the board for the gas valve gets a quick click but does not stay engaged. I get one quick shot of power to the gv but then it all resets. I was reading another post from a guys with the same problem and flash codes. It didn't say wether he solved it or not.
Robert

Hi,

I deleted the other extremely long post because I do not have time unfortunately to read all that and do not need the sequences of your furnace operation spelled out for me.

It also may have some info that is not allowed on here for the viewing public.

Here is a link for my troubleshooting fee if you want help finding the problem area:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/Order4b.html

If you choose to do this, it will be done through private email and not here in the forums.

You can email me to let me know you have paid if you choose to do this.

[email protected]

It may or may not be a board issue.

Thanks,
Robert