Nordyne E2EB-015HA only gets warm

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

thurley

Hello, I hope you can help. I have had 3 service men come out and try to find out why this furnace doesnt get real hot. none of them helped and I still spent $300 or so. So it is up to me and I am not mechanical but its cold so here we go.

I replaced several parts this summer when the A coil drip tray overflowed and several wires burned. I replaced the sequencer, transformer, blower relay, blower and all the wiring and connectors. When I turned it on this winter it worked fine for a while then it started blowing warm air then cool. First service man said it was thermostate. It seemed to work for a short time then did the same thing. Second service man came at midnight a couple of weeks ago and did the same thing. It worked overnight, so the third came and fiddled and tested took a lot of time at the end of the day he could not find anything so he turned it back on it seemed it work and it did for 3 days. So I took the sequence out traced all the wires and found a loose connection so I fixed that put it back it work a day and here I am. It runs all the time it feels a little warm but never hot. I am not mechanical but I have no choice.

It looks like one connection of the element goes to maybe a limit switch and then it looks like the other element has a bigger limit switch. I did not replace those (I dont know why) is that my problem.

Thanks in advance from a desperate senior citizen

Terri
Robert

Hi Terri,

Do you have anyone with a volt meter that can do some simple tests for me and get some readings ?

I'm sorry you have spent/wasted $300 and still not getting heat as you should .

It could be a limit , an element coil or a breaker.

Won't know without checking.

Remember the 3 you called out so as to not call them again.

Electric furnaces are fairly simple and not a whole lot to them to test and find problems.

IF anyone claiming to be an hvac tech cannot find problem(s) and repair an electric furnace, he/she is one of the following.

Either someone who needs some schooling before they attempt to go out to customers homes.

Or, they are just thieves who have no intention of repairing it and only want your money.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
thurley

I answered your email last night but it does not look like you received it so I will try again.
I have been thinking of seeing if there is a way to bypass the limit switches if it is them getting stuck some times. I go it to come back on last night for 1 cycle after it sat for 3 hours. Then is morning I got it to come on for 1 cycle but after that it just blew cold air. I am getting xome Freeze spray fro work I thought I would spray the limit switch and see if that would get it to go. I am guessing they operate by heating up, I ordered 2 new ones but they wont get there until Tuesday and our big snow storm is coming tomorrow.

I live in a rural community and do not have anyone left to call so this is between you and me.

Thanks for your help

Terri
Robert

Hi Terri,

Let me look over your reply and I'll get right back with you. Had a network/server problem with computer and have been unable to receive and/or reply to anyone for two days.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Robert

Hi Terri,

Do you have a volt meter or can you get one and do some tests or have a neighbor/friend that can do some tests ?

Thanks,
Robert
thurley

I have a multi meter dont know much about using it but I have it will that work.

Terri
Robert

Hi Terri,

You will need to find someone with experience in using it as this is high voltage and too dangerous for a first time DIY attempt at it.

Thanks,
Robert
thurley

There is not anyone, I am alone we are in the middle of a blizzard here in Missouri and I really need to try and fix this. I have my oven on but its just not the same and tonight is will be in the neg temps. I have done some work with printed circuit boards and I have tested the caps on the AC so I understand some, so can you help me I am hoping the parts I ordered from you this web site will be here today they are coming NEXT Day air but I do not know if he can make it up our gravel road. If he does I will just replace the 2 limit switches but if it is the coils I would like to know so I wont waist my time putting them in.

Do I need a different kind of meter I have someone bring my medicine today I can have her pick up a different meter if that would make it safer for you to tell me how to fix this.

Terri
thurley

Robert,

I took the meter I have a set it on AC Voltage. I flipped the breakers on any turned the thermostate to heat after I heard the click I put the red lead on the right hand element ceramic terminal ad the black on the lefthand ceramic lead. I did this to all three sets and did not have any voltage.

Terri
Robert

Hi Terri,

Ok, you've been reading some in the forums it appears. Meter set to read above 240VAC, one meter lead on far right and other lead on far left coil terminals on white ceramic insulators.

WITH a call for heat after 30-45 secs., you should read 240VAC across them.

IF you do not, send me an email to [email protected] and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks,
Robert