miller gas furnace model#G5RK060C-12-H

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

scar

hi,this is my problem.the furnace is running ok,but, if i set the thermostat to a lower temp.,when the temp in house drops to new setting and below,the furnace won't start,and i get 4 flashes on red light on furnace panel ,that says ignition failure,if i then lower thermostat setting and then increase temp. setting,furnace will start,and work ok.
Robert

Hi,

Possibly a bad thermostat. Does t-stat click and furnace does not come on or does the t-stat do nothing as well ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
scar

thanks robert,i found the flame sensor carboned up some,took some embry cloth and cleaned it up and everything seems to be working ok now.
Robert

Hi,

It may stay ok, but often they don't. Shouldn't use emery cloth on them. Use steel wool and gently clean til all the carbon is gone.

The emery cloth will leave a residue that is harmful to the sensor rod.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?