E3EB 012H Elements only working some

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

kyjammer

I have a Nordyne E3EB 012H system with Air.
Everything seems to be working ok, except that the elements doesn't kick in at all times, only sometimes. I have searched this forum and did test. I took out the elements and tested good.
I tested the wires coming out of the contactor and they read 120 all times, also the other red wires on the other side of the elements is reading 120. However, when the elements are NOT working there isn't 240 across. But when they do work, there is 240 across each one. I also noticed that the 120 decreases some on each terminal. I have a ohmeter and tester. Can you give me more specifics of what componets to track this problem down? Also when the elements do work there is a click from the contactor. But I'm unsure if it is the contactor bad or the limit switch or something else. The fan works good and seems like it should, just not getting heat good, and blows just fan air most of the time. Thank you in advance.
Robert

When it does this and you do not have 240vac across, test each end to unpainted metal ground for 120vac and see which is not getting power.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?