air temp coming out of vents

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

caindawg3107

can you tell me what the air temp should be when it comes out of the floor vents for the furnace. I feel like the air is warm but not hot and it takes 30 to 45 mins for the temp to increase 3 to 4 degrees. thanks
Robert

Hi,

Depends on furnace type, condition and indoor return air temp.

Usually about 40 to 70 degrees above return air temp.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
caindawg3107

thanks for the info. I have a NOrdyne model E1EB- 023HA. it a late 90's Cavalier double wide. when we moved in the old air return was disconnected for some reason. the owners had stuffed the return pipe with towels to block it. sould I reconnect it or leave it off. thanks again
Robert

Hi,

Are you talking about a flex duct hanging down from ceiling above the furnace ?

If so, that is part of a VentilAire system that brings in fresh air to mix with return air.

In my professional opinion, I would leave it sealed.

Been doing this 31+ years and own 2 homes and both of mine are sealed off.

You need and want the other half if it has it, the part that rids small attic cavity of heat and moisture.

The fresh air mixture is not a good design and is not needed.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?