Intertherm - Flame wont stay lit

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Hippie459MN

I have an Intertherm MMHB070ABHR06 furnace and sometime last night (Friday night) I started having problems with the flame not staying lit.

The ignitor will lite and there will be a nice flame then about 30 seconds later you will hear a click and the flame will go out then about 30 seconds to a minute later the ignitor will come one again and the flame will light and have nice flame for about another 30 seconds then go out and just keep doing this and all the while the fan will continue to run and never shut off.

I have tried turning the thermostat down to end the cycle then wait a bit a turn it back up and same thing again.

A repair man was out today and he could not really figure it out as everything was showing correct voltages that he could see and the Hot surface ignition control box is not showing any kind of codes what so ever. He even checked that by disconnecting things and could get it to through a code but when its all hooked up it will not show any codes (blinking light) at all.

Now there is a motor of some sort on the side that is getting super hot but I am guessing is from running all the time and it appears to be spinning just fine and when you make the furnace complete its cycle it will stop and it starts back up just fine. I am guessing it is the Combustion Blower Motor according to the part number on it.

Unlike a conventional furnace, I am not real familiar with these mobile home units at all so I am a little lost here as they look very different from what I am used to seeing. :(

The flame will not stay lit long enough to keep the house warm and the temp is slowly falling and with it being 1deg F out here in Minnesota as I write this, Its getting kinda chilly in here.

Any ideas would be great so I can either look myself or pass the info onto someone so we can figure this out.

Thanks a bunch. If you need any more info just ask and I will do my best to get it to you so I can get this figured out.
Robert

Hi,

Inspect the burner and burner orifice/spud for any type clogs, especially orifice/spud behind gas valve and before burner for spider-web-bugs.

Also, see if you have 120vac to ignitor for approx. 30/35 secs., then another 6 secs. after gas valve opens.

Also be sure that gas valve receives 24vac to its terminals and maintains that 24vac throughout call for heat from t-stat.

You should have 24vac across W and C at igniton module for entire call for heat and at gas valve from gas valve energizing until no call for heat.

This is a link to my troubleshooting fee for the above info/steps :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/Order4b.html

Kinda doing this backwards this time and you can decide if it is/was worth $20. Will have to be paid for more advanced steps, but since I got ahead of myself, will be on honor system if the above is all that is needed.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?