E2EB-020HA Problem???

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

rccooke

I began experiencing a problem where I must give the squirrel cage a push to make the blower work on my Miller (Intertherm) E2EB-020HA down flow electric furnace, furnace now seems to heat and cycle heat fine, but only if I give the blower a push to begin it's rotation, I'm currently using this appliance with the blower running constantly. Could this simply be the start capacitor being bad? Or do I need an entire blower motor or might this be caused by something totally different? Unit is approx. 3yrs old. Also I recently changed the fan relay thinking this could be the root of my problem. Could someone also please tell me if my unit contains and/or where might the sequencer be located, my schematic does not show this item nor can I find it within the panel or about the unit anywhere. It's seems to be pretty simplistic containing 2 elements with a limit switch on each of those, 2 contractors, a fan relay and on the blower unit a start capacitor. Yes it has the transformer as well. Another question I have is in the purpose of the contractors and how to test them properly. Thank You for any help or suggestions in advance. Sincerely ~Richard (http://www.doitrightconstruction.com)
Robert

Hi,

That is usually a sign of a bad run capacitor.

Run Capacitor # 622535 can be seen and ordered from here by paging down :

http://www.aberdeenhomerepair.com/store ... B47%7D370V

You have sequencers, not contactors. If the sequencer were the problem, it wouldn't work when the wheel is spun either.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
rccooke

Thank you for the response, I've already changed the capacitor and it did fix the problem. The one you suggest is not the correct part number as the part number was printed on the item it ended in 32 not 35 was a slim brown cap and the 35 is a fatter silver cap, and for your information I DO have contractors it states contractor right on the top of the part, and on the schematic, so I'm gathering a contractor is basically a sequencer at this point or at least performs a similar job and maybe something more than a sequencer. Not meaning to demean your advice by saying the part you suggest is incorrect because at this point I'm thinking the manufacturer of my home threw together my furnace with parts they had on hand because it states E3EB on the tag and has some parts from E2EB model in it....the blower and furnace has never worked this well, ever. Thanks again for the speedy response and I WILL definitely keep your site available for future reference not only for myself but for repairs of customer furnaces when we get called upon. Have a great New Year!
Robert

Hi,

The run capacitor I gave is correct. The old p/n has been changed, but the run cap is still same specs. NO component remains the same forever.

All the E2 and E3 models that end in HA have sequencers, not contactors and no, they are not the same. IF it has contactors, then the wrong parts were put in it or you gave wrong model number.

I have been in hvac for 31 years as of last August, so accepting the info is up to you.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
rccooke

Yeah, I guess, thanks....I've been in the construction field for just as long and also in the computer service field for now 20 years and there isn't a day that goes by where I don't need to think beyond the book, see something that I've never seen before, so I can't see how going about a repair or giving advise without an open mind isn't possible. Run cap also has different spec's from the one you quoted and just for your info in my apparent throw together furnace (i do believe this is the problem with numbers not matching and this does include the model # written on my appliance) the run cap needed was the one ending in 32 not 35. Again thanks for the advise even tho none of it really applies to my situation. The site has a great forum, appears like it was a good idea toward a place to sell parts! Hope your refund policy is open minded, for customers with furnaces such as the one I was dealt, that don't conform to any published part information. Good luck and Happy New Year!
Robert

No guessing to it. The 622132 and 622535 are the SAME run caps, just look different.

IF you have an E2 or E3-020HA, then it can use either p/n, cause as stated, they are the same.

It will also have sequencers, not contactors.

IF the model is an HB and not an HA, then it will have contactors and not sequencers, however, both can and will work IF you know how to wire them.

Construction and computers have no bearing in hvac. This site and the online stores and the walk in store does a lot more than just sell parts.

I do not own any of them, am contracted to help people get their units repaired correctly and safely.

That 31 years is in the field repairing, servicing and installing hvac from small window shakers to industrial plants.

I have also been doing this online here and online at 8 other sites total over a period of 11 years. Last 5 1/2 here have been contracted.

IF the furnace has been tampered with and wrong parts installed, then it is not a DIY project and would not be safe to advise on without being there.

The advice is from experience and knowledge and not through guessing, but since you seem to know more than me, then I will leave you with it.

Return policy is great IF it has not been installed or damaged.

Any attempts to continue this conversation further will result in your not being able to post any more.

I will not debate the advice given and if that is unacceptable, then it is time to move on.

Take care,
Robert