feh-015ha-04--Lost heat

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

nitz0

I am in need of some guidance. :)

I posted not long about this stubborn heater that I have and about 40 mins ago, lost heat.

Here is my original problem with this heater..

https://www.mobilehomerepair.com/phpbb/v ... f=2&t=7560

Problem was solved by wiring straight to breaker box,etc...Been running fine and dandy since then, no issues what so ever.

Got home this evening and about 40 mins ago and heard, what I thought was a screech sound. Went to investigate and noticed it was coming from the heater area. It did give off a burn smell coming from it, so I know something burned out on it.

The only problem is I do not know much about what the things inside I see are called. I know something inside there that helps generate some heat has blown and I need to replace it. :(

I have a 3 mo old and a 21 mo old, so I need to get this figured out fast..

I guess my question is, does this model number have a heating element that could have gone out or could it be one of these sequencers?

If this is something I should call in a pro for, any idea on ballpark price on this? I'm located in East of Birmingham,Al

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated..

Thanks in advance Robert :wink:
nitz0

After taking another look at it this morning, I found the problem...Where the guy who repaired it last time, by wiring it all to go straight to the breaker box, one of the wires caught on fire a bit and charred completely to where the wire was no longer making contact.

Land Lord refuses to reply back so I just called in a Pro and hopefully they won't rip me a new one. :lol:
Robert

Hi,

Need to determine why it is overheating and melting the wires. It also should be wired correctly through sequencers and limit switches for safety.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?