Nordyne Intertherm M1MB 056A BW won't light

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

kiko88

Status light is red b4 I try to turn on the heater. Call for heat, the draft inducer motor turns on, the ignitor glows orange and after a couple of minutes nothing happens and then shuts down with no status indicators after that. Have 24v at the transformer. Have gas at the gas valve. Have 115v at the ignitor plug and voltage at the gas valve. The limit switches are closed before I turn on the heater. Once in a while it works just fine. Could it be a bad board or gas valve? How do I check the board or gas valve? Any ideas anyone.....
Robert

Make sure the burner orifice/spud and burner tube are clear and not clogged (spider-web-bugs).

IF all is clear, ignitor is glowing and you have 24vac at gas valve, then I would suspect the gas valve.

Would need an hvac tech to test the manifold pressure to see if it is working correctly.

IF it gets the 24vac and maintains it, then the gas should flow.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
kiko88

The problem was the board was giving me 12v at the gas valve. Will have to replace the board. Sometimes it gives the 24v needed to start the gas valve. Weird. Faulty board
Robert

Hi,

That happens sometimes. Can give ordering info if needed. Or, you can call Mark @ 605-229-2627 and see about getting it looked at and maybe repaired.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?