Small black furnace blower motor continues to run

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

bryantyme

intertherm furnace MGHA-090ABPQ-01

This Part
115 Volt Inducer Furnace Blower Motor (Nordyne/Intertherm)
Continues to run periodically.
I understand it needs to exhaust any fumes that may be in there.
It sometimes needs to be hit with something to get it to turn off.
Is there a bad relay in there that needs to be cleaned or do I need to just purchase a new one.
They are quite expensive at around 200 bucks.
Robert

Hi,

Relay # 621867 can be seen and ordered here by paging down:

http://www.aberdeenhomerepair.com/store ... ay-01-0157

It is in the control box and when energized with 24vac across 1 and 3, 2 and 4 will close and send 120vac to the booster motor.

That may or may not be the problem.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
bryantyme

Thanks for the info.
I will order one and try it out.
Robert

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
bryantyme

Robert,

I went to change the relay but noticed it was different from the original. I thought I had the wrong one.

After looking up the numbers had found that this relay 621867 replaced the original 660190.

The places for connections are different. The original had 4 places to hook up to with one of the places having a double connected wire. The new relay has 6 places for wires to hook up to. Can you clarify which wires go where?

Thanks,
Bryan
Robert

Hi Bryan,

Your two 24vac low voltage coil wires (1 Power and 1 Neutral) go to 1 and 3, don't matter which side.

Then, 120vac incoming power wire goes to 2 and output power wire to motor goes to 4.

Thanks,
Robert