Nordyne Furnace -Locking out on failed ignition

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

darkdw15

I have a Nordyne Intertherm Furnace, Model number M1MB 070A AW, the furnace locks out due to failed ignition, but it only does it very rarely but when it is burning the warning light is flashing for weak flame.

I have checked the pipes and there is no blockage also the ignitor works, so it has air, fuel and the ignitor is working, what else would be needed to have a srong flame??

When it locks outsI just turn it on and off and it lights every time,

Naturally being winter this could cause some seriuos problems when I am at work,

Any help to what the problem might be would be very helpful,

Thanks

Donny
gordo48111

Make sure the burner tube and burner orifice/spud are clear with no obstructions.

Check behind orifice/spud for spider/web/bugs.
"Man...that blowed up real good!"
Robert

Failed ignition is usually bad ignitor, remote flame sensor or gas valve.

Do you get 120vac to ignitor for about 30 secs. or so ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
darkdw15

Thanks for the tips,

I went to check the orifice and found that the wrong orifice was in the furnace and the pressure regulator was also wrong, the gas valve & orifice were setup for propane,

So I switched it all around and all is workign as it should be, that is how is was when I bought it, seems like somethign that you shouldn't have to check,

Thanks Again for the help,
Robert

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Never rule out anything before checking.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?