M1MB090A Intermittently Working

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Dowayne

My in-laws have a M1MB090A furnace - a/c that is just driving me crazy. Has given me problems for a while now. At first it was making ignitors bad and finally it stopped doing that. Then it broke down in the summer because the coils got too dirty for the a/c and we cleaned out the whole system. We have went through 3 thermostats over the last 5 or 6 years, which I guess isn't so bad considering. Now, I got it so it works fine and cycles correctly. It makes it to the correct temperature before it shuts down. It runs good for a day, almost 24 hours, and then it starts blowing cold air for a long period of time and shuts off by popping the main high limit switch. I haven't actually checked the temperature but it really doesn't seem hot enough to shut it down. I can reset the switch and if I wait about an hour or so, it seems like it just runs again for that 24 hours, but then does the same thing over again. I have tested the auxiallary and main high limit switch and got 0 ohms while off. I am just at a loss on how I can fix this. Can anyone help me, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance. :?: :?:
Robert

When it quits working, do you have 24vac at gas valve.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Dowayne

Just for clarity, are you meaning while it is blowing just cold air or right after it kicks the main limit switch off?
Dowayne

Smile, people might think you are happy. :-D
Robert

When blowing cold air. Also, can you see a burner flame during this time ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?