M3RL080A

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

jarsil

Four years old in sister's manufactured home, called me today, rattling noice from inducer housing. Unscrewed the housing with the 3 screws, then removed the perimeter screws and seperated it, debris inside largest piece was a semi circle brittle tanish color material and other small parts of same material, The inside of the housing part opposite of the blower wheel was scuffed as is the corresponding side of the blower wheel, appears they are rubbing against each other. Read in previous posts of this model furnace (M3RL) of an orifice restrictor plate that has been troublesome on this model and disintegrating, part number mentioned in post is Miller 115315R. Presume the debirs I found is remants of this plate. Would this missing part cause the scuffing I described? If so, where cant this plate be purchased and where exactly would it go if I can obtain one. Put everything back together and furnace is running, rattling noise is gone though inducer sounds louder than normal which I assume is caused by the blower wheel contacting the housing where I found the scuffing, Thanks in advance for your answer.
Robert

Hi,

Yes, that is most likely what it is and yes, that may/could have caused the scuffing.

Inducer Orifice # 155315R can be seen and ordered from here by paging down :

http://www.aberdeenhomerepair.com/store ... esults.php

It is located in back of the inducer motor bell housing.

If unsure where or how to replace, best to call an hvac tech.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
jarsil

Thanks for your prompt reply and I did order the orifice rom Aberdeen and
received it yesterday, very fast shipping. I know you said in your reply that if I
am unsure how to install that it is best to call a HVAC technician, but I would
like to ask you help a bit more as I am helping my sister with this problem and
money is tight due to unemployment and I am competent in working with
home repairs.
When I unscrew the 3 screws holding the inducer housing to the furnace, do
the 4 tabs on the orifice snap in to the hole in the inducer housing or do they snap in to
the hole in the furnace? In other words, which way does the orifice face.
Thanks again
Robert

The inducer orifice ring goes onto the inducer.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?