nordyne furnace blower motor starting

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

michael3188

I have a nordyne electric furnace and here is my problem.This all started when I lost power to my house or only half power. I only had 1 110 circuit supplying power to the house instead of 2 110 circuits. Power company fixed this but now if I turn my furnance on onley the heating element comes on but not the fan. I saw the capacitor for starting the fan looked like it had been hot and was bulged out on the side i replaced it with one that was the same(7.5 mfd)other than the original was round and the new one is oval. they said they intechange. I installed it and no difference. while I was checking power i found that if I turn the switch on and off quickly the fan motor turns on and runs great. but once the furnace turns off it will turn back on but not the blower motor. unless i turn it completley off and rock the switch on and off. any ideas Thanks Mike
Robert

Hi Mike,

What is furnace model number ? Could be the switch you are turning on/off, a bad sequencer as most common.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?