MGHA-070ABFC-05

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Mike1973

Furnace ran great last winter and the ac worked great all this summer. Now it's getting cold again and the furnace is acting up. The furnace will start up for almost exactly 1.5 minutes then shut down and restart the heat up sequence. Run another 1.5 minutes and shut down again. It will not stay on long enough to heat the house up to what the Thermostat is set for. I have taken the fan assembly completely out and thoroughly cleaned it. I have cleaned the furnace almost spotless. One thing I did notice is the Thermocouple looks a little weird(tip looks slightly melted. Thermocouple looks to be solid copper). Could that be the cause of this issue?

Just noticed something else. While I waited for the furnace to start up the flame from the burner was lazily moving. When then the furnace blower started the flame never changed. When the blower shut off the flame was unchanged.
Robert

Remove the burner orifice/spud behind the gas valve and inspect for blockage (spider-web-bug).

Also inspect burner tube for clogs.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?