E3EB-010H wiring question

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

kimsanamm

The diagram for this 10KW furnace shows White, Green, Red and Grey pigtails I am using it as electric heat only with no air conditioning.. Do I need to connect the Grey wire to the thermostat?
If so why would I need it. Can you explain the purpose of the grey wire ?
The instructions say very little about wiring to the thermostat.
Robert

For heat only, all you need is red to t-stat RH and white to t-stat W.

IF you desire to sometimes run blower in FAN ON continuous mode, then you will also need the green to t-stat G.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
kimsanamm

Thanks for the reply.
I have another question. If I want to run this unit on 5KW instead of 10KW can I just disconnect a wire from one of the elements, or maybe run this wire through a switch so I can run at 5KW in mild weather or 10 KW when needed.?
For additional safety can I install an extra thermodisk limit control in the plennum above the elements and run the white(heat) T stat wire through it. I got a little concerned when I read someones post about one of these units catching on fire.
Robert

Hi,

If you wish to just use one element, disconnect both wires, one from left that goes to sequencer and one on right that goes to limit.

Disconnect from element end and also from sequencer and limit end.

Lay them in bottom front of furnace, left on left and right on right side.

IF you desire to add a limit, I would have it done by an hvac tech.

As long as you keep it maintained and clean and change limits every 5 years, there should be no problems from fire.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?