Sequencer bad

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

ZINTKAS

I have a Nordyne model: E2EB-015HB. It is a 3 speed, 4 ton 2.9 FLA unit. I am needing to replace the sequencer but the wiring diagram does not show the location of the sequencer. Can you please tell me where it is located and the type i need - whether it is a 2 pole or 3 pole sequencer?
Robert

Hi,

It utilizes a contactor instead of a sequencer. It is located in controls panel on back wall.

Contactor # 621958 can be seen and ordered from here by paging down:

http://www.aberdeenhomerepair.com/store ... p-24V-coil

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
ZINTKAS

Thanks for the video it probably saved me some money. My problem is that regardless if I have the thermostat on heat or cool, when the blower is not working there is heat building up ilike the heat strips are not turning off. When you walk by you can feel the heat coming out of the louvered cover and the cover at the blower is hot to the touch. The blower comes on when the temperature goes below the set temp on heat and above set temp on cool. I was told by an HVAC repairman that it was the sequencer. If the sequencer test good, what else could it be? Thanks for your help.
Robert

Disconnect blower molex plug connector or wire nuts, remove screws on each bottom side flange and/or front of blower housing assembly.

Then slowly slide blower housing out. Be careful to not break or nick a/c refrigerant lines.

Then look over in there and down at elements and see if one or more have fallen down or broken and touching the frame or sides.

That will create a direct short and keep element(s) energized.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
ZINTKAS

When I looked in the area that you told me to, I did find an element broken. It has fallen down and touching the one below it. WHat element do I need to buy and is there an other part I may need to order while I am repairing this element?

Thank you
Robert

You should have either 2 or 3 coils, which one broke ?

If two, top or bottom ?

If three, top, middle or bottom ?

I would replace the limits too since they were overworked during shorted circuit.

Thanks,
Robert
ZINTKAS

It has 2 coils. The top one was the one that was broken. I pulled it back up where it wasn't touching and it is not getting hot now. However, at this time when it is on heat the blower fan is slowly turning constantly even though it is not generating any heat. When it is on cool or just fan, it does not do this.

Thank you

p.s. can you give me the parts numbers and names for the items I will need to replace these parts.
Robert

Hi,

Call 605-229-2627 and talk to Mark. I cannot get the page to load with part number info.

Thanks,
Robert