age of furnace

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

alisoncat

Hi, we just bought a double wide and we're trying to decide whether to put in a ducted heat pump system. Is there any way to tell the age of the existing furnace?

Nordyne Intertherm E3EB-202H. Serial number E3E080206123.

Thanks!

Alison
Robert

Hi Alison,

It is either 2 or 4 years old. Depends on the sequence of serial number and my memory fails me on that at the moment.

It is either a 2006 or 2008 model.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
alisoncat

Hi Robert,

Thanks so much! It does look pretty new. It also seems to sell very cheaply from what I can tell. Does that say anything about it's quality and probable longevity, or is it just a small, basic machine?

Also, we've had one furnace installer tell us that one half of the furnace has been disconnected to make it more economical to run (one of the circuit breakers is missing), and when we got the house the filter was the dirtiest I have EVER seen. How much would these things affect the longevity of the furnace?

Thanks!

Alison
Robert

Hi Alison,

Electric furnaces are very reasonably priced. They can last a long time and can be completely restored with new parts for half the cost of replacing the furnace.

A lot of people often disconnect and only use half the elements to reduce kwh used to lower their bill.

We carry all parts and they are easy to work on DIY.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
alisoncat

Thank-you so much for the info!

Alison
Robert

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Thanks,
Robert