Nordyne E2EB-020HB furnace problem

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Brotha B

Hello All,

My furnace will run for less than one minute and then shut off. It repeats this incessantly.

I pulled the covers off and turned it back on and it ran fine. It did not shut down while the covers were off. After I put the covers back on it started shutting off and on again.

Next I pulled the covers again and observed. It looked to me like the top element was getting much hotter than the lower element. So this could explain why when the covers are on it overheats and kicks out. Maybe with the covers off it was getting enough air to prevent over temp for whatever reason.

I pulled the two black leads from the top element and taped them up for safety. This is the only way I can get it to heat with the covers on. So at the moment I have heat but only from one element.

I swapped the limit switch from the top to bottom element with no effect. Both elements have almost identical resistance.

What do you suggest next?

Thanks In Advance
Robert

Hi,

Only way it will overheat is if it does not get enough airflow over the elements. Inspect the a/c a-coil if you have a/c. Also inspect blower motor and wheel for dust/dirt build up.

Make sure filter is clean and non restrictive.

Should be a hogs hair filter.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?