Intertherm MAC 1199 Gas Furnace

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

BrenLou72

"HELP!" We purchased an older model mobile home (built in 1979). I believe that the furnace has been replaced at least 1 time. It currently has an INTERTHERM 1100 Series, MAC 1199, the only numbers that I am able to find (they may be I.D. #'s), are one on a metal plate that is riveted to the front right upper side, that # is H632378, the other number is a sticker that says "APPLIANCE #61885." Anyhow our question is everytime the wind outside kicks up above 3 mph. our pilot light goes out, we have made sure that there is no air blowing in from loose skirting, but we can't seem to figure out just were it is coming from, do you have any solutions and/ or suggestions on how to stop this problem? We do not have the owners manual, I tried to find one online (no luck), I was also going to try to contact our local dealer to see if they have one, or if they can get one. If you need more info. on our furnace, I can get that, if you can direct me as to were it may be located on the furnace. Thank you in advance for your time and hopefully for a "FIX!"
[color
    =#FF0000][/color][email protected]
      1987Commodore

I'm no furnace expert, but we solved an identical problem with our gas hot water tank by extending the length of our exhaust stack by 2-3 feet. The problem was wind swirling around the roof peak and down the chimney. Hopefully you do not have a crack in your heat exchanger.
      Robert

Hi,

Because that is an old gas furnace and that is associated with a cracked heat exchanger possibility, please call an hvac tech out to inspect the unit.

MAC1199 is the model number.

Thanks,
      Robert
      Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?