Intertherm E1EB-015HA

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Sparkles

Hi. My central heat and air are not coming on. You can hear the relay on the thermastat but nothing happens. I have flipped breakers and everything else. Is there an outside switch on the fan to reset it? I even flipped the breakers outside as well.

Here is a summary. Last year my air was coming on in the am and wouldn't shut off until the pm. I was told my unit was overcharged. I don't buy that but anyway, it kept leaking, it was on constantly and I guess things got wet and shorted out the unit. I got a guy out here who "fixed" it. Cost me close to $300. Now it has done the same thing. Seems like he went outside and did something to get it to come back on. He won't tell me what he did and wants to come back out to fix it. I'm a single Mom who feels like I am being taken advantage of. Any help would be appreciated.
joedirt63

you said it kept leaking ? the refrigerant? if that is leaking out the unit would stop cooling when the pressure got too low . or a pressure swicth might be faulty, robert where are you ?? robert knows for sure he'll help' even still i would try to find a more reputable guy to do repairs. sorry about my spelling.
"a man has got to know his limitations", clint eastwood. " i haven't found mine yet," me
Robert

Hi,

First off, send the shyster hiking. Now, is anything coming on outside (compressor or condenser fan motor ) ?

Is the inside blower motor coming on ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Sparkles

No, it is completely dead. I have changed the thermostat and flipped breakers.
Robert

Inside furnace blower motor not coming on either ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Sparkles

No, nothing is coming on. I got in touch with a repair guy who seems to know what he's talking about. He thinks by me describing it that the transformer is blown, I think that's what he said. He is coming out in the am to look at it. I'll keep you posted on what he finds. Thanks

Trish
Robert

Hi Trish,

Yep, that's where I was headed and where I would check first with nothing working inside or outside.

Thanks,
Robert
Sparkles

That was the problem. Only cost me $140 to fix with the part. Now one problem is it still isn't draining right and water is leaking in the bottom again. The guy told me to put a cup of bleach in the drain and I did but it is still not draining. Also, he told me the unit was overcharged but he had released some pressure. The air coming from the vents is cool but no where near the cold temp it should be. What now?

Trish
Robert

Hi Trish,

That transformer is about $40 to $50 and takes about 10 minutes to replace. $140 is quite high for that.

I hope he "recovered" the overcharge and did not actually "release" it which would be illegal.

With the above and the fact he was there and left without fully resolving the issues gives me less than normal trust for him and his services.

You can use duct tape and tape a wet/dry vac hose nozzle to end of drain line outside and suck out any clogs.

Be sure a-coil, blower motor, blower wheel and filter are completely clean. Check a-coil fins for damage, corrosion, mold that does not allow water condensate to flow down the fins.

IF a-coil is above the furnace blower motor and you have a downflow furnace and duct system, be sure there is a trap installed in the drain line.

Check for cracks in drain pan if plastic and rust holes/cracks if metal.

IF all the above is done and ok and still have the problem, find a reputable and competent hvac tech to help resolve this problem.

Thanks,
Robert
Sparkles

Hi Robert,

The clog has worked it's way out. I had some guys fix my floor today where the AC caused damage and I guess them hammering on the floor near it actually dislodged the clog. It is now draining correctly.

I'm not sure how he released it. He cleaned my coils before he left so that's not a problem. I just want to know why it is still staying 90 degrees in here. He said it was because my home was in the direct line of the sun and I have no trees around. I know this air should be colder than it is.

Thanks
Trish
Robert

Hi Trish,

Direct sunlight and no tress is not good and if the outside condensing unit is in that direct sunlight, that hampers the unit efficiency also.

Get a good and accurate pocket thermometer and test temps at the front of furnace return air grille and at the closest floor supply register to the furnace.

Tell me what the temps are. Do the test at midday when there is a good ambient temp and heat load on home.

Thanks,
Robert