Nordyne roof jack, chimney extension

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

trapper48

Hello. I am installing a pitched metal roof on my old '69 Glendale. I don't know whether I need to install an insulated chimney section between the old and new roof for my gas furnace chimney. I'm not sure if the old double walled chimney pipe between the two roofs will corrode due to condensation build up. I might be mistaken about that but thought I'd check before installing the metal roofing. Apparently I have a Nordyne roof jack but the model number has worn off.

Thanks for any info.
JD
Site Admin

Hello and welcome to the forum. Let's move this post to the Heating & Plumbing - Nordyne Service & Repair forum, where the HVAC guys hang out.

https://www.mobilehomerepair.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=2

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Robert

Hi,

You should have insulation between both metal roofs for entire roof surfaces to prevent condensation.

Then add an extension to ensure correct height of roof jack.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
trapper48

thank you kindly for the advice. I plan on laying batts of R20 insulation across the old roof before installing roofing paper and new metal roofing on the scissor trusses I've put up.

Trapper48
Robert

You're very welcome, happy to help. In most cases, that should take care of it.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?