Nordyne model E1EH-015HA

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

hose6161

Hi Folks--- I have a Nordyne furnace that works ok (except for drawing lots of current) and a Evcon MBC48DQA Refrigeration Unit.
The outside A/C fan does not turn on at all. The A/C was unused for about 4 or 5 years until I moved it to my place and had the electricians hook it up. The fan turns freely when I spin it. The name and data plate are missing. Would any body have any ideas about Brand name or any good way to figger out repair or replacement. I have a 16X80 1997 Redman.
Thanks ,
Hose6161
hvac1000

Did you check the power supplied to the unit? Fuses and breaker ?

If it spins freely it is more than likely a power problem. Also make sure your thermostat is set for A/C use.

Next does the compressor kick in when the fan is not running?

Is the outdoor units contactor/starter pulling in?

Check for 24 volts to the outside unit on the control circuit line at the contactor/starter.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Robert

Hi,

Since it is a Coleman/Evcon A-Coil, outside Condenser is most likely Coleman/Evcon also.

That is a 4 ton a-coil which is most likely oversized for a 16X80 home.

I'm in a 16X80 and have a 3 ton.

Your blower motor in furnace may not support a 4 ton (1600 cfm).

Check all the things HVAC suggested and let us know.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
hose6161

Thanks for the promp reply folks. I'll check those things when I go home in a coupla weeks( Right now i'm 440 miles from it)
Hose :wink:
Robert

Hi Hose,

You're very welcome. Let us know when you can and we'll help all we can.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?