Nordyne oil to Propane conversion?

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Hello,
I have a Nordyne oil furnace with a Beckett gun, Model #M1SB086ABW and the serial# M1S990501576. I was wondering if it can be converted to propane...Is there a conversion kit? Or do I have to replace the whole unit? If I have to replace it can someone tell me if there is a direct replacement Propane unit. Thank you for the help.

Edward
hvac1000

I put a incorrect post here requesting your model number and your model number was included on you original post.
I am trying to cross reference to see what the part number and availability is for a gas burner for your unit.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
hvac1000

Your part number is a 903427 for a burner conversion kit.
The list price in the book is $1,019.00.

That is a lot of $$$.

Hopefully Robert will chime in here later today to see if he can offer you a discount or has another idea to solve your burner conversion problem.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Robert

Hi,

Our price is actually $1,023 + Shipping for the burner. There may be other components needed plus the labor involved.

You would be better off replacing the furnace and having a new unit warranty than to invest that ammount of $$$$$$ into a used furnace.

This is something that really needs to be talked out with a Tech after inspection and careful considerations of all options.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?