Please Help!!! I have in Intertherm 1265

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

JuliaCabrera

I live in New Jersey and I just bought my very first trailer. It seems that now all the quirks of how badly this place was taken care of are coming out.

Problem: The furnace will not stop squeaking at all. As soon as the blower wheel kicks on so does the squeaking. Loudly if i must say. I am a mechanic and I know in cars that means it has a bad belt or needs oil but i have no idea what I am working with. I still get heat in the house and that it working fine it is just the screeching won't stop.

Is there something I can replace myself or some type of book or something. I don't even have an instruction manual. I feel very lost. PLEASE HELP! Thank you

Julie
Johnny

I am NOT A HVAC but could the the blower wheel be rubbing against the blower housing?

Johnny
If I can't fix it -- I ask questions
JuliaCabrera

Johnny wrote:I am NOT A HVAC but could the the blower wheel be rubbing against the blower housing?

Johnny
Maybe...but how do i check that...the noise just started like 3 days ago...before that the furnace worked fine. Thank you very much for repliing
Robert

Hi,

Go here and read article and look at pics:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/article ... lower.html

Then, remove, clean and inspect for damage. Check motor mounts, mounting feet rubber bushings, blower wheel carefully.

For wheel, see if center hub has separated from wheel any or if the wheel blades have separated from outer ring.

See if wheel hub is mounted tight to motor shaft.

You can straight wire motor and run it and see how it sounds by itself if you know how to do this.

I do not give DIY info for that.

Look for furnace data sticker or nameplate and recheck model number.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
JuliaCabrera

Guys !!! THe answer to the problem was so stupid...the motor needed oil. Found the oil ports and some WD-40...no more loud noises...thank you for all your help.
Robert

Hi,

Get ready for problems as WD40 is NOT oil for motors and such.

I hope you didn't spray it "into" the motor.

SAE20 motor oil is what is needed for the motor.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?