Interthem heating element restring

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

archive

I have an Intertherm furnace, mod. # FEHA-015HA-01 in my mobile home, and one of the heating elements in the 10.0 KW set (part #432721) needs to be replaced. Do you recommend replacing both elements with part #902821, which comes with both elements and all as a unit, or should I just use the restring kit and replace the one that is causing the problems?

TWW
archive

Actually that is a personal choice call. Both the heaters run most of the time together. Usually when one goes the other is not far behind. It is easier to buy the element complete and bolt it in. On the restring you have to make sure all the spacing is even between the coils or it will burn out sooner.

hvac1000
archive

I agree with HVAC, it would be best to replace both at same time and easiest.

Also, if you go to the Nordyne Electric Furnace page and click on the pic of the 902821, look at how the coils attach to insulators and the size of coils.

Then go to the Coleman Electric Furnace page and click on pic of REfurbished element 3123A5361 and look at how the coils slide through insulators and are smaller.

That is the restring coils and they are made for the older style elements that are no longer available.

The slide through and are small.

The newer elements like yours are bigger and attach.

Very doubtful they would work and would have to be modified at best.

You can also find more info on restringing your heating element here: http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/restring.html

Thanks,
Robert