...blower kicking on to soon?

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Dirty White Boy

I've realized that my blower seems to kick on sometimes 2-3 seconds after the furnace fires, is this typical? It will (of course) start out with cool air and then gradually warm up.

It says Nordyne on all the stickers inside the door, but says Beckett on the head itself. I removed the cover to the blower switch and found the round dial with different settings along it. It looks like they are set for 70,100, and 150 degrees...

is their a "typical" range for the settings?
Robert

Hi,

90-120-150 . IF you change it, ONLY move the pointer, do not allow the dial itself to turn or move.

Only way to know if it is coming on too soon is to test temps.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Dirty White Boy

Thank you...

Yea, not moving the round disk...easier said than done...lol

It moved a little bit but I set it back right again...

What does that control?
Robert

Hi,

It's very easy not to move that dial IF you are experienced in not doing so. It controls the on-off temps of blower and the limit temp for blower.

Moving the dial can ruin the control. Very slight movement is ok, just not any actual turning of the dial.

Have to be careful in DIY as not all things are readily DIY.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?