Miller furnace nozzles

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

archive

I am having a tech come next week to downsize my cmf 80 po furnace from it's stock 72k btu to it's lower btu rating ..I saw in the spec sheet that you need to use this part # 903100..I assume this is a lower gph nozzel and reduce the pump pressure. Should I have mentioned this part number or will he just use stock items on the truck? Also what is the difference between an 80s and an 80b nozzel designation...Thanks ..God Bless..kim
archive

Different nozzle manufactures use different letter meanings. usually H=hollow,s=solid,and then the letters can change from there. The GPH .75 = 3/4 of a gallon per hour usage of oil. The 80= 80 degrees of spread. EVERY furnace requires a nozzle that is designed of the type of combustion chamber long,short,rectangular,round,oval,ETC.

A qualified oil burner technician will know the difference and use the correct nozzle. Also usually the firing rate and degree of spread will be listed on the furnace manufacturer plate. Here are just a few examples.

H- Hollow
NS- Hollow
PL- Hollow
A- Hollow
B- Solid
S- Solid
P- Solid
R-Solid
SS- Semi Solid
Q- Custom Design
W- Custom Design
ES- Solid
SH- Semi Hollow
PLP- Semi Solid
AR- Custom Solid
HV- High Velocity Narrow Spray
CC- Constant Capacity Solid

BTW the conversion kit 903100 is for a CMF series furnace with an oil burner.CMF 80 to 65 PO kit includes label and nozzles
archive

Thanks..It has a .6 gph in now so do you figure the nozzel in the Miller pack is like .5 gph? I hoping it will knock the 180+ supply temp back to the 140 degrees like the old moc 80 that was in and keep it from kicking out the 160 hi limit....thanks..God Bless..Kim.
archive

50 nozzle is about 69,345 depending upon the oil quality.The btu output of normal #2 is 138,690 per gallon.

The professional who is going to be there should be able to take care of the situation. Your new furnace could also be more efficient causing this situation, also make sure all supply registers and return airs are all the way open. Also a clean air filter is a must.

hvac1000