Have you heard of this before?

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

makachana

I posted about my nordyne cmf80 dg pi n and how I was having the ignitor/burner kicking on and off.
I had it looked at and the tech said it looked good and could find nothing wrong except for the fact that my gas pressure( he measured off the gas valve) had 6.2 wc and then when the furnace kicked on and gas was being used it dropped to 1.85 wc.
He suggested i call the gas company and I did. They came right out(suprisingly). I told him the prob and he checked the meter's gas regulator. He tapped it and cleaned the screen on thwe bottom which was plugged and said that was probably the problem.But it could also be my gas valve on the furnace.Or, the small gas copper line rumming to the furnace whaich is about a pinky thickness around. He took a reading and got 8 wc at the furnace, but he measured off the gas pipe.
The furnace seems fine for now, don't know which one to believe or truly know what the problem was . What do you think
Thanks
hvac1000

Usually the WC on propane is 11 inches at the valve give or take. If it is running OK I guess all is well.

Propane line size is important as well as tank size for when it gets real cold the tank size need to be large enough so the pressure does not drop to much. If you have more problems I would refer back to the companies you called before since they were already there and checked your gas pressure etc..
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
makachana

I'm sorry if I didn';t specify, but I was talking about natural gas not propane. Around here they go by water columns when measuring line pressure.
Robert

You need to test the gas pressure at gas valve inlet side (5"wc to 7"wc) and the manifold side operating pressure (3.5"wc).

If correct inlet, but not on manifold side, suspect gas valve.

If inlet not correct, suspect gas line back to meter.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?