Miller Model P3RA-030K

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

EDDUNN1

What are the high heat terminal connectors? I assume those are the connectors that attach the wire to the insulators. If that is correct, I need 2. As far as the wires are concerned, there are 2 wires, and they are about 4 inches long each. 1 Foot of wire would be plenty....ED
Robert

Hi Ed,

Thanks, let me put it all together and will post it here when finished.

You would need 4 connectors, 2 per wire, one for each end.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Robert

Hi Ed,

Also, the data for your unit recommends 10AWG wire, so that is what we suggest also. In 10AWG, we have Black and Red.

Are those two wires either of these and if not, any preference ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
EDDUNN1

Both wires that are burnt are red......and they are only burnt on 1 end (each one)....The other end is fine.
Robert

Hi Ed,

You'll need to replace the entire section of wire. Is 4" the length total for each wire ?

You get 2 replacement lengths of wire and put a new terminal connector at each end on both.

The wire is $1.45 per foot. The connectors are $5.95 per/5 .

Thanks,
Robert
EDDUNN1

Yes, 4 inches is the length total for each wire. If you order 1 foot of wire and a pack of connectors I have wire strippers and crimps to put them together. Also, have you gotten a chance to check the price of the element? I don't know if you saw my post the other day when I discovered the element was burnt thru on one end. Thanks....ED
Robert

Hi Ed,

It's pricey, so will price info and if interested, let me know for ordering info.

The Heater Kit is $225
Wire = $1.45
Connectors = $5.95
Shipping = $15

Heater Kit will have to be pre-paid and special ordered and take about 10 days to get.

It is an add-on and not a regularly stocked item.

Thanks,
Robert
EDDUNN1

Yep, you are right, it is pricey. I'm considering waiting to replace the element later this summer, since we are about getting into spring. I am assuming the A/C will still work. Let me know what you think. I'll still order the wires and connectors. Thanks....ED
Robert

Hi Ed,

The a/c should work fine, this has no effect on that.

Nothing wrong with waiting until end of summer as it is about end of winter season and due to cost, would give more time to prepare for the expense.

G84-981 Red 10 Gauge Furnace Wire @ $1.45 per foot

G31-965 High Heat Female Disconnect @ $5.95 per 5 pieces

Shipping = $4.50

You can see and order them through PayPal from right side here:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/FurnaceElec.html

Or, by calling toll free after 9AM CST Mon thru Fri to 1-877-263-7860

and charging to Visa or Mastercard.

Thanks for inquiring and ordering.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
EDDUNN1

Will you maintain the part number for the element, so when I'm ready to order it, it will be available to you? The numbers on it are very difficult to read, so I may not be able to read them by the end of summer. Ane thanks for the help. I will order the wires and connectors later this morning....ED
Robert

Hi Ed,

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Yep, got it covered, but you can write it down if you would like.

It's a new number, Heater Kit 10KW # 917168B .

Thanks,
Robert