Which way does this Intertherm Burner Target mount?...

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

loveoldtrux

The thingie I need to get is listed at the site below - available locally for $45.00

http://americanhvacparts.com/Merchant2/ ... _Code=Both

Do I mount the straight edge towards the furnace access door or the "slightly notched edge" towards the access door? I can't use the remnants of the other one, as it has melted / fallen apart to bad to begin to identify what it is....

Thanks everybody...
hvac1000

On this item I would have a professional do the work. You are playing with fire if you know what I mean. Best to have it done correctly to prevent any problems. While the service man is there have them look over your furnace for any other problems.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
loveoldtrux

I installed yesterday and it works like a charm - takes about an hour (including vacumming the heat exchager).

Thanks...

Hi, the above was edited/deleted due to safety reasons. This is also reason for the reply above by HVAC1000.

We are well aware of how it goes, but do not feel this is a DIY task due to safety reasons for most people.

Glad you got it going, now on to the next project.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert