Heater Problems

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

rico68

My furnace is a Nordyne Model E 1 EH-017HA

The following problem is this: Always in the Heater AC , one of the breakers pops out and the other breaker does not pop out. I have tried to switch each 2 breakers to see if the problem is the breakers, but this did not work which also caused the furnace not to work, and apparently, I have checked and they are the exact same type of breakers

What could be the problem to this? Is it the breakers or something else?

Breaker Model : QOU2605245
hvac1000

Could be a circuit breaker could also be a short in the furnace.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
rico68

Apparently, the two circuit breakers are malfunctioning and I will replace them. Can someone give me any information why these types of breakers are very expensive and what makes them special to be expensive?

Also

Can these breakers be replaced with other types of breakers installed in a mobile home?
Robert

VERY rare for BOTH to be bad. Check the furnace wiring very closely as they only trip when malfunctioning or there is a short in furnace wiring.

Since it is rare for both to bad at same time, more likely to be a short somewhere.

What are you calling expensive, how much have you been quoted ?

Are they both 60Amp ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
rico68

I already checked and there no energy exit. I checked the price and they have a price range of 80 to 100 dollars, and when I tried to find them at The Home Depot, other types of breakers were priced at 10-20 dollars being 60 Amperes also.

Why are these types of breakers very expensive from the others?

Also

Could I be able to put in different types of breakers to my AC?
Robert

Checking on our cost for those breakers. Price is higher because they are special use HVACR breakers.

A lot different from normal breakers because of loads they are under.

You need to replace with same type in Furnace or A/C that it came with originally.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?