Nordyne furnace will not stay lit

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Scott311

I have a Nordyne MIMC 090A. The electronic ignitor is new and it will initially light, sense the flame, but then the flame goes out. Sometimes the flame kicks on and off several times before it stays lit. Combustion Blower Assembly has also been replaced.
hvac1000

Check for a spider web or dirt behind the burner orifice.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Scott311

Already been cleaned.
hvac1000

Have you replaced the flame sensor?
Scott311

it has a combination ignitor/flame sensor. It has been replaced, and it is sensing the flame, then the lp gas kicks off, then on, then off several times until it stays lit, or the gas kicks off and it runs through the cycle again with the ignitor coming on.
hvac1000

Check your ground wires. They usually are green but they can be almost any color. The situation you have is intermittent and a loose/corroded connection will cause this.

Now for my stupid question. Are you sure you have gas? I just had to toss that one in.
Robert

Also check roof-jack assembly from furnace all the way up.

Make sure it is clear and not damaged or seperated anywhere.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Scott311

Yes, propane tank is 60% full. Checked grounds, and nothing seems to be loose and they are nice and shiney (no corrosion).
Scott311

Roof jack is fine. any other suggestions? Could the gas valve be bad or something like that?
Robert

Hi,

Yes, but you first rule out the smaller and more common things that also cost less.

See if GV maintains 24vac power at all times.

If so, would need proper tools/equipment to see if gas pressure was correct to burner.

Has any work been done on it lately or any changes ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?