Temperature Question - gas furnace with heat pump

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

archive

What temp will the heat pump kick off and gas come on the outdoor t stat is not adjustable thanks.
archive

The outdoor stat if located in the heat pump will be marked with a temperature setting. Sorry but there is no actual way of knowing the setting of your units thermostst in the outside unit. I am suprised it is not adjustable most are.Post model and serial and could be we may be able to get more information on your unit.

hvac1000
archive

the stat has no setting iwas told about 35 give or take 1or 2 the heat pump model is mt3qc036k
archive

If that is what you were told I guess that is what it is. There is no rule for an exact temperature change over. Most are adjustable. Heat pumps will still put out heat down to zero but the cop falls off. I usually set the ones in this area to cut off at 20 to 25 degrees depending upon the system brand and efficiency. All the ones I have dealt with are adjustable.

hvac1000
archive

Hi,

It is indeed non-adjustable for your unit. It is designed to not allow the aux. heat source to be activated at temps above 40*(locks it out above 40*).

Are you not able to get the Furnace to work or are you just asking for general info ?

That is all the technical info given for your HP Outdoor T-Stat.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
archive

thanks robert iwas asked this question by a friend who said his hp hadnt kicked on for a while but it has been staying around 34 to 36 deg i thought that might be the prob thanks again
archive

Is the Gas Furnace coming on ?

Thanks,
Robert
archive

Yes the furance was coming on working fine he thought the heat pump should be running it got up to 38 yesterday and the heatpump came on so everything is fine thanks a lot for your reply and information thanks again.
archive

Hi,

You're very welcome, glad all is ok.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert